Pages

20 November 2022

Too Much To Swallow In A Single Bite

Las Vegas, NV - 20 Nov 2022

     Here we are, a day into our year end getaway.   We spent the better part of yes- terday traveling.  The trip from Suquamish to Seattle is about a two hour drive.  If I was a crow flying, it would take me about 20-30 minutes.  I wish I was a crow.  The highways were backed up and we feared we might not make the destination in time.   We did and moved through baggage check and security in no time at all.  We like to give ourselves plenty of time for anything that might go wrong to do just that.
     Getting to the airport early is not the misery it used to be.  The terminal areas are well equipped with shops, art and quick meal opportunities.    Our wait time was about two hours and in that time we fed ourselves, got in some good walking to keep the blood flowing.   I finished the book I was reading and started on a new one.   The wonder of e-books.  In the past I would have to pack my bags with many a novel to keep me occupied, now they all fit in the space of a small notebook.  Miracles of science.
     The flight was smooth and quick with little turbulence and we arrived on time to our destination.  We had a late flight which means a later turn in.  I think my head hit the pillow well after midnight.  Four hours later I was up.  Damn this circadian clock.
     Up early-ish and got a pot of coffee going.  Morning pages was a bit of a disaster.   I got them written, but with some effort.  Lots of staring onto space - a no-no in the exercise which demands the pencil keep moving across the paper.  My three pages were near a thousand words of rambling nonsense.
     My plan today was to get to the Air Force Base and pick up some groceries.  The bro-in-law is here and carted us around.   I was hoping to lay low and get my inner clock reset, but we made the mistake of going out to grab a lunch and led to one thing after another.  I was sinking.  I eventually had to excuse myself and head home.
     Tomorrow, my wife and I will go off on our own and explore the environs of the MGM.   There are a few destinations she want to hit like the M&M place and Ethel M’s.  Are they still there?  I wonder.   Later in the week we intend is to get out to Red Rock and the Valley of Fire and hike our way around.  Stay tuned.

Keep on trucking’ 
-Mike

4 comments:

  1. Lotta "M"'s in that itinerary :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is iMminent to our Mission

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the improved contrast of your typewritten page. Did you get new fresh ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a trick of the mind, Mei. I brought an Alphasmart Neo to do my typing on while on this trip. I transfer that to the blog, run a little HTML wizardry and, ta-daaa, a typed page.

      Delete