Pages

21 November 2022

One Toke Over The Line

Suquamish, WA - 21 Nov 2022

     Good morning for a walk/run.  Because this is Las Vegas, folks don't get too alarmed to see a guy in jeans and running shoes jogging along.  The mornings are best because the foot traffic is nearly non existent and the street cleaners have made their pass removing debris from the night before.  Road traffic is ever present in this town, but it is reduced enough that crossing the street doesn't require a rider on the life insurance policy.
     The weather is cool ranging from the mid 40s and reaching a high in the 50s. Because of that I didn't have to worry about breaking a sweat.  One thing that is omnipresent is the distinct aroma of weed.  This a hooch smokin' town.  Regardless of station, it seems to be the way of it.  Case in point, I ran into a gentleman on the street, approximately in my age, who stopped me and asked if I knew where the "Marijuana store" was.  I'm not sure if it was an innocent question or if I looked like someone who might have knowledge of such a thing.  The thing that amazes me the most is that I am not high as a kite just from all the contact.

Keep on truckin'
-Mike

2 comments:

  1. When I leave for work before 8 AM, more often than not, I can smell that skunky fragrance wafting through the walkways of my apartment complex. I'm pretty sure it's my dreadlocked neighbor waking & baking.

    ReplyDelete