Pages

24 November 2022

Gobble

Las Vegas, NV - 24 Nov 2022

     Happy Thanksgiving all.  We're still away and living in a hotel.   The sister-in-law got the idea to have dinner in so she is going to roast a bird in the hotel oven.  (we get a kitchen with these rooms).  Since she wanted to do that, I will do the veg portion.  Nothing too fancy, sweet potatoes and green beans with my favorite condiment - butter.  Simple.
     I spent the better part of this week trying to catch a cold and I succeeded last night.  I woke this morning feeling a little run down with lots of sneezing.  The histamines are pumping and my nose had become a leaky faucet.  Drip, drip, drip.  I haven't had a cold in so long I am completely out of practice.  I am not so sure I want to go anywhere for dinner being not especially pleasant to look at and constantly at my nose with a Kleenex.  Not the visage to stimulate an appetite.  With any luck things will simmer down by this afternoon.
     We called my parents to wish them well for the day.  Talking with them is a treat.   In the meantime our phones are pinging away as the younger relatives wish us a happy day in the best way they know how - by text message.  Worse yet, the messages are sent out by group message to multiple addresses.  Kind of sucks "personal" right out of the greeting.  What are we coming to?
     For now I'll try to get some rest and gear up for dinner to come.  Best to all and your families.  Keep it analog and leave your cell phone in the car.

Keep on truckin'
-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment