Pages

04 November 2018

New Addition to the Family



My wife found this one at a local consignment shop. I found it in fair condition.  The keys felt gummy, but loosened with repeated use so I felt it could be fixed with a bit of cleaning.  On first look, it didn't appear too dirty.  I think it just stayed in its case and was well taken care of.  The asking price was a bit high for me so I worked with the shop owner and the seller.  A few back and forth calls and I got it reduced by about half.

Got off to Paul who did a great job cleaning it up.  He replaced the feet, which were very tired, but the rest of the rubber was in good shape.  Had a new ribbon installed too.  This types like brand new.  Want to see for yourself?  Write me a letter and I'll use it in my reply.

Keep on Typin'



5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Will you try to touch up the paint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to, just don't know where to begin. Any suggestions?

      Delete
    2. I'd take the typewriter to a paint store for professional advice. They can mix up some paint that perfectly matches the existing color.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the nice typewriter. I find it hard to find a typewriter that beats a workinig Underwood.

    ReplyDelete