Pages

21 December 2018

Power? We don't need no stinking' power.

Welcome to winter in the Pacific Northwest.  It rains all the time and the wind howls.  Unyielding trees are defeated by gale's force and tumble onto power lines.  Out here in the woods recovery is slow since we are at the end of the line for service.  It's times like this when I'm thankful for my not connected word processor that requires no power source to continue with its mission of writing, writing, writing.  Of course, I am spoiled, so after two days of darkness, I am sitting in a Wi-Fi equipped coffee shop so I can post this.  Too bad the cafe doesn't have a hot shower.

Feliz Navidad!



3 comments:

  1. I kind of miss living in the mountains of SW Virginia where I spent many a winter's night during and after winter storms without power enjoying a battery operated radio, writing by a candle or kerosene lantern, and sometimes typing. I did cheat though, I ran the generator once a day to keep the hot water heater heated. I cooked on a coal stove or in the fireplace. Hope you can keep warm and happily typing during the power failures. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill, Fortunately we heat with a wood stove so nice and toasty. Kerosene too, although now I think it is a more processed/synthetic fuel. Still, cozy and inspiring. Most of my suffering is on walking... must have coffee to fuel the creative spark.

      Delete
  2. There is nothing like a good power outage!

    ReplyDelete