Pages

24 December 2018

...and then, the light came back on.

Not quite cabin fever, but one does get a might squirrelly after a few days in the dark.   In a way, it was nice to disconnect and just live.  Of course, I did make morning trips to a local coffee shop to check e-mail, catch up on the typosphere and get my coffee fix.

Got some work done on Cold Hard Type.  Brainstorming works best with no distractions, including electricity.


*  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28170940-lethal-white


******


Sitting in the dark, I spied this skull sitting up on a shelf.  Then I recalled a painting by Pieter Claesz.  https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/works-of-art/49.107/

3 comments:

  1. Good the lights came back on in time for Christmas. Reminds me of a electric-less Christmas I had back in the late 90s. I had a generator though so I was not completely free of electric.

    Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Taking some time to read through this. I suppose having a typewriter was a great way to pass the time. Between that and your wood burning stove, you had some pretty useful resources. I imagine things could have been worse but I’m glad to hear you’re okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite an adventure. Fortunately, I'm not unfamiliar with it. Did this a lot when I was in the field with the Marine Corps. Nothing like having no running water or electricity.

      Delete