Pages

11 September 2022

What's the weather? Wait five minutes and I'll tell you.






Addendum: Awhile after returning to the house I later decided to collect the mail, so off and out I went again.  Before leaving I peeked out the window and saw that the deer had made her way up the hill and was exploring the tomatoes.  By the time I was outside, she was trimming the lower branches of the plum tree.  I walked slowly so as not to disturb her feast.  I got a side glance and the deer returned to its business.  I guess I am no longer considered a threat.

My mailbox is a quarter mile down the driveway and along a dirt road.  When I got there I could feel a decided burning in my throat and my eyes stung.  The sky went from brilliant to muddy blue.  That was a quick change.

When I got back to the house, Ms Deer was still trimming away and could care less if I was there.  We exchanged hellos, mine verbal, hers telepathic sensation.

2 comments:

  1. My bare feet hurt just stepping outside our front door to get our mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. You must become one with the pavement.

      Delete