Pages

19 April 2023

Life Is Good

Suquamish, WA - 19 Apr 2023

    What to write?  What to write?  ...  No matter how hard I try, I just stare at the blank page and nothing comes.  Why is that?  Why is that?  I want to write something, but there is a block.
    It was a dark and stormy night.  Nope.  The night was dark.  Stormy?  Can't work.   It's morning.  Still won't work.  I shake my head and all I can sense is the clickety rattle of the little bean flying around in the empty space of my skull.  Nary a thought to be had. 
    The thing that captures my breath on morning walks is the beauty I am blessed with here in my little corner of the world.  The developers come and threaten to destroy all that is natural in this area, but I still get to look out across the bay to the mountains in the distance.  They are still blanketed in snow and the sun rises over them painting the sky with swirls of indigo and fuchsia.  The air is cold, but not frigid.  Stimulating.  My mind opens and a million little stories play across the back of my head like little home movies.  It's a good time to be alive.
    Why can't I write like that when I sit down at night?  Does the day eat away at my spirit?  When I get home at night, I have no ambition.  I clean myself up and prepare the evening meal.  Once done with that I have an hour before heading off to bed to start the process all over again.  If I am lucky, I can read a chapter of a book before passing out to the nether regions of dreamland.
    My mornings are a mad rush to get every scrap of freedom put to some use before the toils and miseries of my work day creep in and start eating me alive.  Oh, what a wretched life.
    But there are good things.  I have strength and a never give up attitude.  I can hold on to at least a glimmer of light at the fringe of my spirit and regenerate good deeds and thoughts for the day.  Life is good.

Keep on truckin'
-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment