Pages

14 January 2019

Look Ma, I Finished My Term Paper



After much hard work, I finally got my rough/first draft done and submitted with a few weeks leeway.    This was indeed one of the hardest things I've done in a while.  Hard not for just coming up with a sustainable idea, but being able to write enough to make it a short story.  Hard too because I had a 5000 word limit.  That many words seems like a lot until one sees the barrier coming closer.

Richard Polt was kind enough to send the participants a template to test the page on.  I liked this because I can enter my digital copy and then type it out to format for the upcoming book.  That is just what I did with the above typed copy.  Since I tend to not pay attention to the bell, this prevents me from overtyping my lines.  I also lets me know when to shove another sheet of par in the typewriter,

Thanks Richard, et al!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. A draft of my story is in the mail to Richard as well. I'm thinking he's going to get more than can fit, so he & the rest of the editorial team will have to make some choices. I hope both of us make the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best success on your story.

    ReplyDelete